Radbound University offers PhD Scholarship in Astrophysics/Black Holes/Event Horizon Telescope in the 2020/2021 academic session.
Level and Course of Study:
PhD Scholarship in Astrophysics/Black Holes/Event Horizon Telescope
- Employment: 32 – 40 hours per week.
- The gross starting salary amounts to €2,395 per month, and will increase to €3,061 in the fourth year (salary scale P).
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: you will be appointed for an initial period of 18 months, after which your performance will be evaluated. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years.
- The intended start date is negotiable.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
- A MSc in Astronomy, Physics or equivalent.
- You are excited to work in a stimulating and international team.
- You combine a drive for scientific quality and rigour with the curiosity to find answers to the next big questions.
Please address your application to Amanda Schut and submit it, using the application button, no later than 2 August 2020, 23:59 Amsterdam Time Zone.
Your application should include the following attachments:
- A motivation letter (one paragraph, 1200 characters).
- Your CV.
- The names and contact details of two references.
The first round of interviews will take place in weeks 38 and 39 in 2020.
Deadline: August 2, 2020, 23:59 Amsterdam time Zone.